Awarded in: all world
Last Date to Apply / Deadline: March / December (annual)
Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) Grants
The Human Frontier Science Program (HFSP) is offering grants for international researcher. HFSP grants are offered for novel, innovative and interdisciplinary basic research focused on the complex mechanisms of living organisms, topics range from molecular and cellular approaches to systems and cognitive neuroscience.
The HSFP is offering two types of research Grant:
- Young Investigators’ Grants
- Program Grants
Field of Study: Applicants can choose fields or a discipline that is placed on novel collaborations that bring biologists together with scientists from fields such as:
- Computer science
Duration: Young Investigators’ Grants duration is five year and Program Grants duration is different.
Awards Description: HFSP provides many benefits for the researchers:
- Young Investigators’ Grants are awarded to teams of researchers, all of whom are within the first five years after obtaining an independent laboratory e.g.:
- Assistant Professor
- Lecturer or equivalent
- Young Investigators’ Grants applications will be reviewed in competition with each other independently of applications for Program Grants.
- Program Grants are awarded to teams of independent researchers at any stage of their careers. The research team is expected to develop new lines of research through the collaboration.
- Up to $450,000 per grant per year
- Applications including independent investigators early in their careers are encouraged
Eligible Countries: Members countries are:
Australia, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canada, Cyprus (EU part), the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, India, the Republic of Ireland, Italy, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
Eligibility Criteria: In to be considered for HSFP grants, Researcher must follow:
- Applicant of a research grant must be from one of the member countries
- Other team members may be from anywhere in the world
- Young scientists from anywhere in the world for a Fellowship to work in a laboratory in one of the supporting/ member countries
- A scientist from one of the member countries can apply to work anywhere in the world.
How to Apply: Applicants, who want to apply for the research grant offered by HFSP, should follow some steps:
- Applicants must send their applications before the deadline of grant.
- Attach all documents with the application form
- Applicants must make an application via the HFSP extranet website.
- Applicants can consult scientific elements needed for the letter of intent for information.
- Contact us:
- International Human Frontier Science Program Organization
- 12, quai Saint-Jean
- 67000 Strasbourg
- Tel: +33 3 88 21 51 26
Official Website: Visit official website for further details about HFSP grants