Deadline: 01 May 2017
University of Oslo (UiO) and Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas invite applications for a PhD Research Fellowship in Political Philosophy.
About the position:
- The PhD position is open for projects that investigate the normative grounds of sovereign claims and claims over natural resources in Antarctica, as well as the normative elements that should give internal and external legitimacy to the Antarctic Treaty System.
- It is part of a three-year project funded by the Polar Research Programme of the Research Council of Norway: “Political Philosophy Looks to Antarctica: Sovereignty, Resource Rights and Legitimacy in the Antarctic Treaty System”
Duration: 3 years
- Applicant must hold Master’s Degree or equivalent in philosophy or other relevant discipline. Master’s Degree must have been obtained by the time of application.
- project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- estimated academic and personal ability to complete the project within the time frame
- ability to complete research training
- Good collaboration skills and an ability to join interdisciplinary academic communities
- salary level NOK 432 700 – 489 300 (pay grade 50-57, depending on qualifications)
Applicants must submit the following attachments with the electronic application, preferably in pdf format:
- Application letter describing the qualifications and motivation for the position
- CV with full list of education, positions, teaching experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activities, including a complete list of publications
- Transcript of records (Master’s degree).
- Project description, including a detailed progress plan for the project (3 – 5 pages)
|Organization||University of Oslo (UiO)|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||01 May 2017|