Deadline: 02 May 2017
The Sapienza University of Rome has announced a call for 29 full-time PhD Fellowships (€19,800/year for three years) reserved for foreign nationals for the 2017-18 academic year.
The programme aims at training, preparing for scientific research and improving the methodology of research in a specific field.
Sapienza University, which was founded in 1303 by Pope Boniface VIII in Rome, is one of the oldest universities in the world and a top performer in international university rankings.
Course Level: Fellowships are available for pursuing PhD programme.
Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded for studying varies subjects.
List of Subjects: Archaeology, Architectural Sciences, Doctoral School “Vito Volterra” in Astronomical, Chemical, Earth, Mathematical and Physical Sciences, Civil Engineering and Architecture, Economics, Experimental and Clinical Medical Sciences, Law, Mediatrends: History, Politics and Society, Molecular Biology and Medicine, Neuroscience Psychological Sciences, Science and Technology of Computing and Communication, Sciences of Interpretation and Cultural Production (Writing Orality Visuality) and Science and Technology for the Industrial Innovation Technologies and Systems for Aeronautics, Electromagnetics, Electronics, Space and Remote Sensing
Scholarship Award: Each fellowship amounts to € 19.800,00 per year; this amount includes national insurance contributions (INPS) that fellowship recipients are required to pay. The fellowship does not cover any possible annual entrance fee and does not increase for research periods spent abroad.
Number of Scholarships: There are 29 scholarships available for students.
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: Applications are open to candidates who:
- Are not Italian citizens;
- Have not resided in Italy or have carried out their main activity in Italy for more than 6 months (also non-consecutive) during the 3 years preceding the expiration date of this Call;
- Have obtained any academic qualification by a non-Italian institution. Prospective students must hold a degree equivalent to the Italian diploma di laurea/laurea specialistica/Laurea Magistrale, or expect to obtain it before 31 July 2017. The Academic Board of the Schools will check that each applicant’s qualifications are equivalent to the relevant Italian degree (for the sole purpose of this competition).
Nationality: International students can apply for PhD fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: The Italian Research Doctorate (PhD) is the highest academic degree awarded by universities in most fields of study. It is open to applicants who hold a Masters Degree or equivalent degree obtained abroad.
How to Apply: To submit the application candidates should:
Sign in with a valid email address to http://phd.uniroma1.it/fellowship
Complete the application form and provide all the following documents:
- A photocopy of their identity card or passport;
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum;
- A copy of the degree certificate and list of exams with marks;
- A report on any research carried out by the candidate;
- A list of publications;
- A brief statement explaining his/her Doctoral School choice and the candidate’s scientific interests;
- Two letters of recommendation from university professors or eminent researchers/experts of equivalent status.
- Once signed in, candidates can complete the application form in more than one step. When all the requested fields are filled and all required documents are uploaded, candidates can finally submit the form
- After submission, no further modification to the form will be possible
- All documents must be written in English and uploaded in PDF format. The maximum size for each document is 5 MB (5120 KBytes). The maximum size for each document is 5 MB (5120 KBytes). No other format will be accepted.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is May 2, 2017.