Deadline: 24 April 2017
The Standing Group on International Relations (SGIR) of the European Consortium for Political Research (ECPR) hosts annual summer schools, with Stockholm University being host in June 2017. The annual summer school will bring top scholars of international relations, recent PhDs, and PhD students together for a one-week intensive seminar series on core aspects of international relations (IR) research.
The theme of the SGIR Summer School 2017 is ‘Legitimacy and effectiveness in regional and global governance’.
- Coping with the challenges of trans-boundary policy challenges is a topical issue of the current global agenda and the object of a vivid debate among scholars.
- Global crises with regard to climate change, food, health, finance, or the economy have sparked debates about the role of legitimacy and effectiveness in adequately and rapidly responding to regional and global policy challenges.
- Students attending the summer school will receive 7.5 ECTS credits.
- Applications are invited from PhD students, research master students and advanced master students from political science, international relations, public administration or related areas like History, Human Geography, Economics, Social Anthropology, Sociology.
- Applicants must have completed introductory courses in political and administrative sciences or international relations at the BA-level.
- Applicants are expected to present their own research in the form of a research paper (6,000 to 8,000 words research paper or book chapter), and to discuss another participant’s paper.
- Exceptionally we will also accept project proposals or research plans. Students should send their papers to email@example.com by May 29, 2017.
Required application materials
- Curriculum Vitae
- Recommendation letter
- Research paper abstract (up to 500 words)
- All material to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 24, 2017.
- Decisions on admission will be made on May 1, 2017.
|Subject areas||Political Science, International Relations, Public Administration|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||24 April 2017|
For Further Details: Click