Youth Exchange and Study Program
Deadline: 20 May 2017
Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study Program
Interested students who meet the following criteria can take printout of Preliminary Application from the website or Facebook page and send the filled application along with the required documents to iEARN Center, Karachi.
- Pakistani citizen and reside in Pakistan.
- Secondary school students in their home country (Pakistan) who are currently (Academic year 2017-18) enrolled in 9th or 10th grade or ‘O’ Levels students.
- Minimum 15 years of age and not older than 17 years on August 1, 2018.
- Minimum 60% marks in all major/core subjects (English, Mathematics, Sciences) in the last class attended; overall minimum average 60% marks for the past three years. (Students with a gap year or a repeated year are ineligible.)
- Can communicate in English. Minimum 60% marks in the last English exam (2016-17) and minimum 60% marks in previous two years (2014-15 and 2015-16).
- Must not have traveled to the United States.
- Note: Minimum 60% marks in all subjects in the examination that will be held before departure to the U.S.A. (The annual exams that will be held in 2018). Students will be required to send their mark sheets of the last examination when they receive the mark sheets.
Students who meet the following in addition to the above criteria are likely to be short listed for the final round of selection.
- Pass Entry Test.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility, adaptability, good character and scholastic aptitude.
- Willingness to participate in host family’s daily life.
- Record of all necessary immunizations, as outlined in the Student Application, before arriving in the U.S.A.
- Should demonstrate flexibility and a commitment to promoting cross-cultural understanding.
- Agreement to attend classes as a full-time student and maintain at least a ‘B’ Grade average in an American high school.
- Willingness and agreement to abide by the ‘YES Student Rules’ as outlined in the YES Student Application and all other rules and policies during the program.
- Know and practice Pakistani culture and values, and able to represent the same in U.S. schools and communities.
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa)
For Further Information: Visit