Study in:India or China
Deadline: 16 October 2017
China India Scholar Leaders Fellowship: China India Scholar Leaders Fellowship
Applicants from India and China are invited to apply for China India Scholar Leaders Fellowship at The India China Institute at the New School.
A 24-month professional development experience for junior scholars is being offered through the scholarship. It is focused on the theme of Prosperity and Inequality in India and China.
The aim of the fellowship is to strengthen the bond between two countries.
Located in Greenwich Village in Lower Manhattan, New York City, The New School is a private research university.
Level of Study: intensive 24-month professional development experience for junior scholars.
Subject Area: Prosperity and Inequality in India and China
Scholarship Award: The scholarship would benefit from the students in the following ways:
- Successful applicants will benefit from ICI’s expertise and The New School’s world-class faculty as well as many other resources unique to New York City.
- The eligible applicants will be expected to spend a minimum of 5 weeks in the field enhancing their research agenda developed for the Fellowship.
- The junior scholars will be connected with a host institution in either India or China to support their work in the respective field.
- In keeping with ICI’s commitment to cross-cultural research, Fellows from India will be expected to do fieldwork in China and Chinese Fellows will be expected to do fieldwork in India.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not specified
Scholarship can be taken in India and China
- The applicant must hold Indian or Chinese citizenship if applying as an India or China Fellow
- The applicant must have received a PhD or equivalent advanced degree in the past 5 years
- The applicant must be able to participate in the 24-month Fellowship, including 1 month NYC residency
- The candidate must be able to conduct 5 weeks of fieldwork in India or China
- The candidate must be able to commit 5-7 hours a week for online intensive and research group meetings
- Applicants should have a good level of written and spoken English.
Nationality: Indian and Chinese applicants are eligible.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply online
- Academic Writing Sample
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- 3 Letters of Recommendation (sent directly to ICI)
Application Deadline: October 16, 2017.
|Organization||The India China Institute|
|Fellowship Level||24 month intensive professional development|
|Country||India or China|
|Subject Areas||Prosperity and Inequality in India and China|
|Fellowship Amount||Not specified|
|Eligibility||Indian and Chinese applicants can apply|
|Deadline||16th October 2017|