school and college
Deadline: 9 September 2017
The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan established under the auspices of the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India is proud to offer Merit Scholarships for Indian students. These scholarships are available for school and college students.
The aim of the scholarships is to help talented students who need aids to achieve their desired future.
Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan is a Deemed University under Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India in New Delhi, India. It was established in 1970 to propagate, develop and encourage Sanskrit learning and research.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for school and college students.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.
Scholarship Award: Scholarships will cover the followings:
- Class 9th and 10th standard/Purva Madhyama or equivalent courses with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a paper of at-least 100 marks.
250/- p.m. for 10 months
- Class 11th and 12th standard/Prak Shastri/Uttar Madhyama or equivalent courses with Sanskrit/Pali/ Prakrit as a paper of at-least 100 marks
300/- p.m. for 10 months
- Shastri/Graduation/B.A./B.A.(Hons.) or the equivalent course of three years duration with Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit as a subject of at least 100 marks.
Rs. 400/- p.m. for 10 months
- Acharya/ M.A. Degree in Sanskrit/ Pali/Prakrit or equivalent Postgraduate Degree.
500/- p.m. for 10 months
- Vidyavaridhi/ PhD or equivalent in Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit.
1500/- p.m. +Rs.2000/- per year as contingent for two years.
Numbers of Scholarships: Not known
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Student must have obtained the following percentage of marks or equivalent grade in Sanskrit/ Pali/Prakrit and in aggregate (all subjects) in the required qualifying examination:-
General Category – 60% Other backward Category – 55% S.C/S.T/Divine Body Category – 50%
- The student should also pursue Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the current academic year.
Nationality: Indian applicants are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Students must have opted for the subject i.e. Sanskrit/Pali/Prakrit in the present class
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through the online processor.
- The relevant mark-sheet.
- The bank pass-book details where the applicant has an account in his/her name ( the first page of the passbook where details along with the photograph is available)
- Aadhar card of the applicant.
- Caste/Category Certificate of reserved category (S.C/S.T/O.B.C/Divine Body(P.H.) from the appropriate authority in the name of the applicant.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 9, 2017.