Deadline: 30 November 2017
Kavli Institute For Astronomy And Astrophysics, Peking University is announcing KIAA Postdoc Fellowship and KIAA-Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) Postdoctoral Fellowship starting on July 1/October 1, 2018. KIAA is an international center of excellence promoting basic astrophysical research.
Rank: Postdoctoral fellow.
Start Date: July 1/October 1 2018
Salary: Depending on qualifications and experience.
- The KIAA Postdoctoral Fellowship is available to competent candidates in following area,
- observational cosmology,
- computational astrophysics,
- exoplanets, star formation, and stellar populations,
- high-energy and gravitational physics, and
Duration: 2 years, extendable for a third year subject to a performance assessment and availability of funding.
- The KIAA-CAS Postdoctoral Fellowship is open to candidates whose research is closely related to observational facilities hosted by CAS, like
- galaxy and AGN research using optical spectroscopy,
- physics of AGN jets using radio techniques,
- gas and dust content of galaxies and AGNs, with special emphasis on H I (21 cm) observations,
- and pulsars.
Duration: The fellowship is for a period of three years, the first two at KIAA and the third at one of the CAS observatories.
Candidates should indicate their interest in one of the two fellowships. Prospective candidates are encouraged to discuss possible collaborative projects with faculty members at either KIAA or the PKU Department of Astronomy.
- Applicant must have Ph.D. in physics, astronomy, planetary sciences or related fields or expected by effective date.
- Applicant must demonstrate a record of research excellence.
- PKU is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates of any nationality are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Application should include the following
- plan of future research,
- brief summary of research experience, and
- minimum three confidential letters of recommendation.
Applicants must contact faculty members with whom they could pursue collaborative projects.
Completed application must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Deadline: November 30, 2017
Tel: +86 10 6275 6630
Fax: +86 10 6276 7900
|Subject areas||Physics/astrophysics/planetary sciences|
|Deadline||November 30, 2017|