Study in:USA, Pakistan
Deadline: 13 October 2017
In 2010, the Global Undergraduate Exchange Program – Pakistan (Global UGRAD-Pakistan) was launched by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) of the United States Department of State. The program in Pakistan is administered by the United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan (USEFP) and in the United States by the International Research & Exchanges Board (IREX).
Within a short life-span, the Global UGRAD has gained immense popularity among the Pakistani university going students. With the first batch of 100 fellows of the 2010-11 Global UGRAD-Pakistan returned to Pakistan to complete their undergraduate degrees at Pakistani universities.
The Global UGRAD program is designed to award undergraduate Pakistani students enrolled at a university in Pakistan. The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program offers cultural/academic exchange through a non degree program for a semester at a university in the U.S.
Applicants of this program are required to be in either their 14th or 15th year of formal education.
Students enrolled in either, a four year bachelor’s program or a two year bachelor’s programs are eligible to apply.
Age limit: 25
- Tentative Announcement: Oct/Nov
- Two batches: Fall and spring semester
- Duration: One semester – approximately half attend in fall and other half in spring
- Grantees start studies: Fall next year
- Pakistani citizens
- 25 years or younger
- Currently enrolled in a college or university and committed to returning to their home universities following the completion of the program.
- Strong leadership qualities and potential in their university and community activities
- Serious interest in learning about the United States
- High level of academic achievement, as indicated in grades, awards and reference letters
- Proficiency in English
- Students from diverse backgrounds, especially those students who have not previously had opportunities to travel internationally are encouraged to apply
- Applicants with a dual U.S./Pakistani nationality or U.S. permanent residence
- Those who have a parent, spouse or fiancé who is a U.S citizen or permanent U.S resident
- Employees of the Fulbright organization or the U.S. Department of State
- Students in their final year of university
How to apply
The Global UGRAD-Pakistan program is advertised every year (please check for availability) by October/November. Application form is required to be submitted online. All supporting documents , such as photocopies of transcripts including an explanation of grading scale of university issuing the degree, are to be attached to the online application before submission . Photocopies of transcripts must be attested by the issuing authority.
NOTE: Once you are selected you will be required to provide a Reference Letters and No Objection Certificate (NOC) from your current academic institution.
|Deadline:-||October 13, 2017 (11:59 pm)|