Deadline: 15 Oct 2017
Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, NSERC, 2017
Electrical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Chemistry, Physics and astronomy
Open to citizens and permanent residents of Canada
Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council
15 Oct 2017
Partial Funding, $10,000 per year for two years
More about this scholarship
The NSERC is offering postdoctoral fellowships to highly qualified Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- The candidates applying for Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, NSERC, 2017 should have a doctorate in the fields of Plant and animal biology, Chemical, biomedical and materials science engineering, Cellular and molecular biology, Civil, industrial and systems engineering, Psychology, Mechanical engineering, Evolution, and ecology, Electrical engineering, Earth sciences, Computing sciences, Physics and astronomy, Mathematical sciences, and Chemistry.
- The applicants of Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, NSERC, 2017 should be citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- The candidates should have completed the first doctoral degree requirements two years before the application deadline date.
- The NSERC will extend the eligibility for three years if the applicants have full-time employment for six months in government, industry or university or affiliated research institutions, laboratories, hospitals.
- The NSERC will extend the eligibility period for 6 years for the maternity leave.
- The Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, NSERC, 2017 can be taken in the universities and research institutions in Canada and abroad but not in Canadian government laboratories or in industrial laboratories.
- The applicants for Postdoctoral Fellowships Program, NSERC, 2016 are assessed based on their research ability and potential (70%).
- The rest 30% assessment is done on the basis of leadership skills, communication, and interpersonal abilities.