Deadline: 15 October 2017
European Southern Observatory (ESO) Fellowship Programme:The European Organisation for Astronomical Research in the Southern Hemisphere awards several postdoctoral fellowships each year in both Germany and Chile. ESO’s fellowship programme provides an invaluable training opportunity for the next generation of Astronomers and users of ESO facilities and enhances the research programmes of young scientists by facilitating close contact between young astronomers and the activities and staff at one at one of the world’s foremost observatories.
- In Germany, initially for 01 year followed by a 2 year extension.
- In Chile, initially for 01 year followed by annual extensions for 3 additional years.
- Monthly basic stipend based on grade 6 (3.442 Euro)
- Allowances: Family allowances EURO 194,61 per month; Children’s allowance: EURO 291,92 per month plus a supplement of EURO 82 for expatriated children up to the age of 4 years at the latest if no education grant is paid.
- Applicant must have completed all requirements for PhD before starting ESO contract.
- Applicant must have submitted the thesis and thesis must have been accepted.
- There are no explicit age limits; however the fellowship programme is to nurture early-career scientists and to support them in the further development of their independent research programmes.
How to apply:
- Apply online with the following materials uploaded in *pdf format:
- Cover letter
- Research proposal (max. 2 pages)
- Reference letters
|Organization||European Southern Observatory (ESO)|
|Fellowship amount||3.442 Euro|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||October 15th (Yearly)|