Deadline: 7 November 2017
Max Planck-ETH Center for Learning Systems: Multiple PhD Fellowships: The Max Planck-ETH Center for Learning Systems is a joint research center of ETH Zurich and the Max Planck Society. The center is offering PhD Fellowships. The Center offers a unique fellowship program, where PhD students are co-supervised by one advisor from ETH Zurich and one from the MPI for Intelligent Systems. Selected PhD students are expected to take advantage of the opportunities offered by both organizations and to actively seek cross-group collaborations.
- Applications are invited from outstanding candidates from Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Materials Science, Neuroscience and related fields.
- Applicant must have keen interest in basic research areas viz., Machine Learning and Empirical Inference of Complex Systems, Machine Intelligence, including Machine Vision and Natural Language Understanding, Perception-Action-Cycle for Autonomous Systems, Robust Model-Based Control for Intelligent Behavior, Robust Perception in Complex Environments, Design, Fabrication, and Control of Synthetic, Bio-Inspired, and Bio-Hybrid Micro/Nanoscale Robotic Systems, Haptic Intelligence, Data-Driven Computational Biology, or Neurotechnology and Emergent Intelligence in Nervous Systems.
- Apply online and application must include the following:
- CV including a list of publications, talks and awards
- Short mission statement (max. 1-2 pages) outlining the research interests
- Scanned transcripts of certificates (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, other degrees)
- 2-3 reference letters; to be sent directly via email to Dr. Magdalena Seebauer within the application deadline.
- Selection interviews: January 18 and January 19, 2018 at the Max Planck Campus in Tübingen, Germany.
Dr. Magdalena Seebauer
Email: email@example.com (no application documents)
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Intelligent Systems|
|Subject areas||Solid State Research & Material Sciences, Structural and Cell Biology, Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 7, 2017|