Deadline: 17 November 2017
Title: Graduate Counseling Internship
Salary Range: Not Known
Consideration Date: Friday, November 17, 2017
Under the direction of the Counseling Department of Student Services, the Counseling Internship is a program which provides an opportunity for future professionals to gain knowledge and experience as a community college counselor. Interns will work with counselors who serve various student populations and address specific academic goals. These can include but are not limited to veterans, students with disabilities, career/transfer counseling, and other categorically funded special programs. Internship describe how to collaborate with faculty/staff and possibly other agencies/institutions to support the individual educational programs of students
Clovis Community College was a North Center of Reedley College until July 1, 2015, when it became a separate campus of SCCCD. It was first known as the Willow International Center and changed to Clovis Community College Center in 2014, before dropping the “center” from the name.
To be applying for the internship program applicant must:
- Include current enrollment in a counseling Master’s degree program. A substantial amount of counseling coursework must be completed.
- All coursework must be from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent education and/or experience and demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
- Include experience in counseling, education, leadership, public administration or closely related fields. Experience in providing programs and services for a diverse student population.
How to Apply:
- Application packets are available at Clovis Community College located at 10309 N. Willow Avenue, Fresno, CA 93730 or contact the Student Services front desk at (559) 325-5230.
- Submit/send all application materials to the above address or email Counselor Carla Stoner-Brito at carla.stoner-brito-at-cloviscollege.edu.
Have the following ready before you complete this application.
- A complete Counseling Internship Application must be submitted:
- A Letter of Application explaining your qualifications and experience as it relates to the minimum/desirable qualifications on this announcement. The letter should also include an explanation of what makes you most qualified for this internship and what do you hope to get out of this internship
- A Resume
- Copies of all graduate and undergraduate transcripts which indicate the conferred degree(s) required meeting the Minimum Qualifications for this position – unofficial copies are sufficient. Degrees acquired outside the U.S. must be accompanied by an evaluation service assessment. A list of some available assessment agencies can be found at http://www.ed.gov/ under the National Council on the Evaluation of Foreign Academic Credentials section.
- Three letters of recommendation (unless three such up-to-date letters are included in a placement file) are required. The letters should be written by persons having firsthand knowledge of your professional qualifications, experience, abilities, and character and should be dated no more than three years prior to the filing deadline.