Deadline: 1 December 2017
MPIA Fellowship and Postdoctoral Research Positions: Astronomy & Astrophysics: The Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (MPIA) invites applications for up to 6 postdoctoral researchers to pursue innovative research projects within the scientific context of the Galaxies and Cosmology department.
- Stellar Atmosphere Modeling
- Stellar Populations
- Galactic Archaeology from Spectroscopic surveys
- Gaia mission; dynamics, ISM, and star formation;
- Galactic Nuclei and AGN;
- Galaxy Evolution (observational and theoretical) and high redshift quasars
- Applicants must hold PhD in astronomy, astrophysics, or a closely related field.
Duration: 3 years.
Starting Date: not later than autumn 2018 (earlier dates may be possible)
Applicants are required to send following materials:
- Cover letter (indicating the position(s) of interest)
- Publication list
- Brief statement of research interests
- 3 letters of reference to be provided separately.
- All applications and reference letters to be submitted using the online application system.
Contact: Dr. Eva Schinnerer (email@example.com)
|Organization||Max Planck Institute for Astronomy (MPIA)|
|Subject areas||Astronomy, Astrophysics|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||December 1st, 2017|