Deadline: 29 October 2017
Researcher Position: Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen
Researcher Position: Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, University of Bergen: At the Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Science, a full-time position as Researcher is available for 22 months The position is part of the project “Biomarkers reflecting the activation of the vitamin B6-dependent kynurenine pathway and inflammation as predictors of lung cancer within the LC3 cohort” financed by The Norwegian Cancer Society.
The project is a prospective investigation on lung cancer risk within a multicenter cohort, that includes blood samples from 11000 individuals recruited from 22 centers in Europe, USA, Asia and Australia, organized by the Lung cancer cohort consortium (LC3).
Research objectives and tasks
The successful applicant will use and further develop statistical methods optimized for the investigation of the prospective associations between biomarkers related to vitamin B6 status and future lung cancer within the LC3 cohort.
Tasks include statistical analyses and establishing syntaxes, using the statistical software packages R and SAS.
For further information about the project and the position, please contact Professor Per Magne Ueland, e-mail email@example.com , tlf. +47 55973147
Qualifications and qualities
- The applicant must hold a relevant PhD or equivalent doctoral degree.
- The successful applicant must have experience in programming and use of the statistical software packages, R and SAS.
- Researchers who have experience in epidemiology are particularly welcome to apply for this position.
- The applicant must be experienced in writing manuscripts and preferentially also grant applications.
- Personal skills, including abilities to work independently and cooperate within a research group will be evaluated.
- The candidate must be fluent in written and oral English.
- Experience with international collaboration is an advantage.
- The applicant must be motivated and responsible, and also have a great work capacity and enthusiasm for research.
We can offer
- A vibrant and challenging work environment.
- Starting salary will be found at level 59 – 62 (code 1109/salary scale 24.3 – 24.6), currently NOK 503 800 – 537 700 gross p.a. for a full time position; following ordinary meriting regulations.
- A pension contribution of 2 % will be deducted and deposited to the state pension scheme
- A good pension scheme in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- Inclusive workplace (IW)
- Good welfare benefits
For more information regarding what the University of Bergen can offer its employees please visit:
Recruitment to state employment
State employment shall reflect the multiplicity of the population at large to the highest possible degree. The University of Bergen has therefore adopted a personnel policy objective to ensure that we achieve a balanced age and sex composition and the recruitment of persons of various ethnic backgrounds. Persons of different ethnic backgrounds and persons with disabilities are therefore encouraged to apply for the position.
The University of Bergen applies the principles of public openness when recruiting staff to scientific positions. Information about the applicant may be made public even though the applicant has requested not to be named in the list of applicants. The applicant will be notified if their request is not respected.
The successful applicant must comply with the guidelines that apply to the position at any time.
You send your application with attachments electronically via Jobbnorge by clicking on the button marked “apply for this job”.
The application must include:
- a brief letter of application stating your motivation for the position, why you are applying and why this position is perfect for you
- an overview of your education and work experience (CV)
- witnessed copies of diplomas and relevant certificates (applicants with education from other countries than Norway must enclose diplomas in both the original language and authorized translations)
- publications and academic work (max 10) and a list of these
- two referees (name and contact information)
The applications with attachments are sent electronically to the expert committee.
Please note that the applications will be forwarded to a committee with the information and attachments uploaded in Jobbnorge at closing date. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make sure that all relevant documentation is present.
Please notice that applications sent by e-mail will not be considered
Further information about our employment process can be found here.