undergraduate or graduate
Deadline: 1 November 2017
Award Amount: $1000
Number of Awards: Not known
Deadline: November 1, 2017, by 5:00 p.m.
Winner Announcement: Winners will be announced at the 2017 AAWBC Annual Breakfast Event.
The American Women’s Business Council (AAWBC)’s mission is to empower Arab American women of diverse professions and industries through networking, leadership, and educational/professional development opportunities.The Arab AAWBC wishes to foster the growth and academic achievement of Arab American Women. That’s why the AAWBC is offering a scholarship fund to provide educational opportunities to females of Arab descent in the state of Michigan and who are going to attend a school in Michigan.The program is open to undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college/university or a high school senior in Michigan who is planning on attending college in Michigan.
Founded in October 2007 in Dearborn as a 501(c)3non-profit professional organization, the Arab American Women’s Business Council addresses the needs of Arab American women professionals and business owners as well as young Arab American women seeking professional or business careers in Michigan and across the country. Its purpose is to assist its members by providing mentorships, internships, scholarships and professional development programs.
- The applicant must be of Arab descent
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited college or university in Michigan,
- Or a high school senior in Michigan planning on attending college in Michigan for the 2017‐2018 academic year.
- Scholarship recipients will be required to volunteer for 6 hours of community service to support any AAWBC annual activities.
Instructions for Applying:
In order to apply, the applicant can download the application in either pdf or word format through the given links:
- Pdf- http://www.aawbc.org/AAWBC%202017%20Scholarship%20Applicationv2.pdf
- Word- http://www.aawbc.org/AAWBC%202017%20Scholarship%20Applicationv2.docx
- Official transcripts
- College admission and/or application submission document for high school students
- Two letters of recommendation
- Brief statement demonstrating financial need
- A separate sheet of Awards/Honors/Scholarships
- A separate sheet of Leadership, Activities, and Employment
The applicants must print the application, fill it out, and then send the completed application with additional information by one of the following options (Mail or Email):
Mail: Yvonne Abraham, Chair
AAWBC Head Office
22952 Outer Drive
Dearborn, MI 48124
$1000 scholarships will be awarded in 2017/2018 at the discretion of the AAWBC Scholarship committee.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any question, contact to Yvonne Abraham, AAWBC Chair of Scholarship Committee: yabraham-at-aawbc.org