Deadline: 20 June 2018
Biozentrum International PhD Program in Molecular Life Sciences calls motivated young scientists from all over the world to apply for a PhD student position at the Biozentrum of the University of Basel, Switzerland. The “Fellowships for Excellence” are only awarded to a max. of 10 successful students per open call: The program thus committed to recruit and identify only the most exceptional students worldwide.
Due to this meticulous selection and a wide-ranging evaluation procedure, these “Fellowships for Excellence” are highly esteemed and sought after. Successful candidates will have direct entrée to the Biozentrum PhD program and are offered a rotation based selection of a research group of choice and a number of other perks that should foster the scientific excellence and the career prospects of these doctoral candidates.
- Candidate must hold Master’s degree (Diploma, DEA).
- Before employment, candidates should either already be holding or awaiting their university degree that qualifies them for a PhD program at the University of Basel (M.Sc, Diploma, etc.).
- Only in exceptional cases, brilliant students with a B.Sc degree will be considered for the “Fellowships for Excellence” program. These candidates will have to pass supplementary courses at the Biozentrum after acceptance.
Track 1: Applications may be made submitted to the head of a research group at the Biozentrum at any time during the year
Track 2: Applications for the WSF-sponsored program “Fellowships for Excellence” can be placed online by June 20th.
Application file (*pdf) must contain the following:
- e-copies of the diploma/M.Sc degree with grades and transcripts
- CV or scientific résumé (maximum one page)
- Description of research interests and one with a specific focus on a potential PhD thesis at the Biozentrum
- Names and contact information of 2 referees (previous faculty members) are required.
- The referees will be contacted directly and will be asked for an online evaluation as well as a reference letter.
|Organization||University of Basel|
|Subject areas||Molecular Biology|
|Fellowship amount||CHF 6,000 for 3 years|
|Eligibility||Open to International Students|
|Deadline||Track I: any time of the yearTrack II: 20 June|