Study in:Australia, India
Deadline: 15 November 2017
IndianOil (IOC) – Deakin Research PhD Fellowships: Deakin University, Australia & Indian Oil Corporation Limited R&D Centre invites application for 2 “IndianOil – Deakin Research Fellowships” and 2 “IOC-DBT-Deakin Fellowships”.
Research areas: Lubricant Technology and Tribology; Biotechnology
Number of fellowships: 4
About the fellowship:
- The PhD Research programme is available on a full time basis.
- Selected candidates will have to work under supervision of minimum two research guides.
- The guide from DU is the thesis supervisor (Principal Supervisor) as per DU degree requirements and a guide from IOC R&D (Lead Supervisor) will be overseeing the research in collaboration with the thesis supervisor during the research period in India.
- Selected candidates will register for PhD at Deakin University, Australia and fulfil the requirements for PhD degree.
- Two years as JRF and Two Years as SRF.
- HRA will be provided @ 30% of the fellowship amount.
- The candidate will get an opportunity to travel to Australia (Deakin University) for a period of 6 months during the program duration of 4 years.
- DU will pay the costs of one return airfare and arrange boarding and lodging for this research visit.
- Selected Fellow will be required to apply for a valid Indian passport, procure required overseas insurance, health insurance, and bear other expenses.
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree from a recognized university in India in Chemistry (Organic/ Inorganic/ Physical/ Analytical) for Lubricant Technology area; in Mechanical Engineering or Tribology for Tribology area; in Biotechnology, Biochemistry, and Microbiology for Biotechnology area.
- Applicant must have completed the award of Master’s Degree by 31st July, 2017 including Master’s Thesis.
- Applicant must have scored Ist class in Graduation and Post graduation level (65% or above marks in the final exams or equivalent CGPA).
- Applicants with Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, and Microbiology must have valid CSIR/UGC NET-JRF qualification.
- Applicants with Master’s Degree holders in Mechanical Engineering or Tribology and Biotechnology may apply directly for the fellowship without NET qualification.
- Applicants must possess eligible English Proficient Scores (i.e. TOEFL/ IELTS/ CPE/ CAE/ PTE or OET) will be preferred. For IELTS an overall band of 6.5 with no band less than 6.0 is required.
- Applicant must not exceed 28 years as on 30th April 2017, which is relaxed up to 5 years in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH/ VH and Female Students as per CSIR guidelines.
- Applications along with self-attested photocopies of educational qualifications and one-page write-up about the interest in applying for this Fellowship in the prescribed proforma to be sent
- Completed typed/ computer printed application forms along with Bio-data should be sent to the following address: Ms. Gayathri Vedanarayanan; Manager ; Research Partnerships (India), Deakin University, Australia, Unit 203, Square One, Saket District Place, Saket, New Delhi – 110017; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org |
|Organization||Deakin University and Indian Oil Corporation (IOC)|
|Subject areas||Biotechnology, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||15th November 2017|