Deadline: 30 November 2017
CERN Research Fellowship Programmes awards approx. 200 Fellowships every year. Almost half of the fellowships are for research work (experimental or theoretical physics) under a Senior Fellowship and rest half are for higher development work and related research in a wide range of applied science, computing and engineering either under a Junior/Senior Fellowship depending on the qualifications and experience of the individual.
Fellowships are meant for recent graduates from university or higher technical institutes, or university postgraduates who desire to work in a research group. Fellowships are usually granted for two years initially and can be extended for third year (only in exceptional circumstances).
- Candidate must be a national of a CERN Member or Associate State. Though, a restricted number of positions are also available to candidates from Non-Member States.
- For applying in experimental or theoretical physics, candidate must be PhD (or are about to finish your thesis).
- For Applied Science/Computing/Engineering, Bachelor’s (B.Sc. level or above) or a technical engineer qualification (or are about to graduate) is required.
- Candidates with a M.Sc. or higher diploma should max. 10 years relevant experience (after the M.Sc.).
- Candidates with only a B.Sc. or technical engineer diploma should have max. 4 years relevant experience.
- Candidates who are currently pursuing a diploma course are eligible to apply. But, they should have obtained their qualification by the time they take up their appointment at CERN.
- List of publications
- Copy of the highest qualification
- Letters of recommendation -3; to give broad idea of academic and/or professional achievements
- Statement of research interests
Please note that candidates who are re-applying for the Fellowship in any field should provide new recommendation letters.
|Fellowship Level||Postdoctoral Researcher|
|Subject areas||Theoretical Physics, Applied Science, Computing, Engineering|
|Fellowship amount||Not mentioned|
|Deadline||September – November (Yearly)|