Deadline: 6 November 2017
IT Bhilai: PhD Program; Engineering, Physics, Chemistry: Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai (IIT Bhilai) invites applications for admission to Sponsored PhD programs for the session starting from December 2017.
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Applicants must master’s degree in appropriate subject areas (Engineering/Technology or equivalent degree; Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology; Master’s degree in science or equivalent degree).
- Applicant must have secured first class, 60% marks or equivalent (55% marks for SC/ST).
- Applicants must also fulfill ONE of the following additional requirements: Valid GATE Score; JRF of CSIR/ UGC/ NBHM/ DBT/ ICAR/ ICMR/ ICPR or DST INSPIRE Fellowship; Minimum of 2 years of professional experience; CPI/CGPA of 8.0 or more for B.Tech from an IIT.
Sponsored PhD Programs
- Sponsored candidate does not receive institute fellowship.
- Sponsored student needs to apply as one the following: Full-time; Part-time; External; External Full-time; External Part-time
- Fill up the online application (no need to send hardcopy of the application forms). Applicant must fill up separate application form, if applicants are applying in more than one department.
- Following documents are required along with applications:
- Academic testimonials
- Mark-sheet of the last semester/Consolidated mark-sheet
- Caste certificate (OBC-NC/SC/ST), if applicable.
- 2 reference letters in support of candidature of applicant. At least one of them must be an academician and must have taught the applicant.
- Applicants having degree from foreign universities should upload equivalence certificate from Association of Indian Universities (AIU), New Delhi for qualifying Exam and proof of having first class or 60% (55% for SC/ST) marks or equivalent in qualifying examination.
- Shortlisted candidates called for written test/interview must bring with them Photo ID Card, Printed copy of the application submitted online, Thesis / dissertation / report / publications and Original certificates and mark-sheets
|Organization||Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Bhilai|
|Subject areas||Computer Sciences, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Deadline||November 6, 2017|