Deadline: 31 August 2018
R D Sethna Scholarship for Indian students: R D Sethna Scholarship, one of the oldest and best known scholarship programme was started after the death of Mr R D Sethna, Indian Philanthropist in 1938 supporting exceptional and deserving students of all communities. The scholarship is meant for the promotion and encouragement of Scientific, Technical, Industrial and Commercial instruction or education in ways beneficial to society.
- Applicants with at least the Secondary School Certificate examination or other equivalent examination are eligible to apply.
- Applicant must have secured at least 50% of the total marks in the last examination.
- Applications must be made on the prescribed Form, which can be obtained on request from the Trust office.
- No Forms will be sent to intending applicants by post, unless the request is accompanied by payment of Rs.50/- either by a Postal Order or by DD in favour of the Scholarship Fund.
- Applicants must also send a self- addressed Rs.10/- stamped envelope of size: 23 cm x 10 cm.
- Applicants must indicate whether the Form is required for studies in India or overseas.
- Applications for loan scholarships are invited by the Trust from 1st April each year.
- The last date for receiving applications for International studies is 31 May and for local studies is 31st August each year.
- Mark sheets of each examination starting with the SSC examination or other equivalent examination (Certified copies).
- Letter of admission to the college/ Institution /University at which the applicant wish to pursue studies (in the case of applicants who have secured admission to USA Universities or Institutions must enclose a copy of the Form I-20).
- For studies in India the applicant must produce the receipt of the admission fees paid to the College or Institution.
- Salary certificate or copy of income-tax assessment order of the parents and the person proposed as guarantor.
- Copies of testimonials/letters of recommendations given to the applicant.
- A passport size photograph duly certified as the applicant’s photograph by a S.E.M. or Gazetted Officer or head of any recognized College or Institution in which the applicant has studied or is studying.
- Students proposing studies in India must submit proof of the recognition granted to the College or the Institute by the Govt. of India.
|Organization||R D SETHNA SCHOLARSHIP FUND|
|Fellowship Level||Bachelor’s, Master’s|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||For overseas studies: 31 MayFor studies in India: 31st August