Study in:India, USA
Deadline: 31 October 2017
S N Bose SERB IUSSTF Scholars Program for India students: To encourage future visionaries and thought leaders, the Science & Engineering Board (SERB), Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of India, the Indo-U.S. Science and Technology Forum (IUSSTF) and WINStep Forward have partnered to support a dynamic and transformative student exchange program between premier institutions in India and the US. The program is named in honor of S N Bose (1894 – 1974), a visionary Indian physicist best known for his work on quantum mechanics in the early 1920s. The class of particles that obey Bose-Einstein statistics, Bosons, was named after him.
Rationale of program:
- offer an opportunity to Indian students to experience world-class research facilities in leading U.S. institutions;
- encourage and inspire students to take up research as a career;
- pave the way for the next generation of innovators and visionaries in science and technology to interact with each other, and;
- build long-term Research & Development linkages and collaborations cutting across boundaries around the globe
- Applicant must be Indian nationals currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters’ degree at a recognized institution of higher education and learning in India.
- Applicant must be from the field of Atmospheric and Earth Sciences; Chemical Sciences; Engineering Sciences; Mathematical and Computational Sciences; and, Physical Sciences
Duration: The internship is 10-12 week program, tentatively scheduled to be held by mid of May to July 2016.
- Stipend- US $2000
- Airfare- Round trip (to be booked by IUSSTF travel desk)
- Health Insurance
- Applications to be submitted Online via Application Portal for Visitation Programs.
- Hard copies and electronic copies of the application forms will not be accepted.
|Organization||Department of Science and Technology (DST)|
|Fellowship Level||Research award|
|Subject areas||Atmospheric Sciences, Earth Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Computational Sciences, Physical Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||US $2000|
|Eligibility||Open for Indian nationals|
|Deadline||31 October 2017|
Dr. Nishritha Bopana
Indo-US Science and Technology Forum
Fulbright House, 12, Hailey Road,
New Delhi – 110001,