Deadline: 31 Dec 2018
Short-term Internship Programme: CERN: CERN offers a limited number of internships to undergraduate students for practical training assignments. The students will mostly have technical or administrative backgrounds and their university must encourage them to spend a training period in industry or in a research establishment. The traineeship must form part of candidates’ studies.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicant must be enrolled in a full-time higher education course (Students who have already commenced doctoral studies are not eligible)
- Applicant must be from any one of the following fields: applied physics, computing, mathematics, electrical, electronic, mechanical or civil engineering, instrumentation for accelerators and particle physics experiments, materials science, radiation protection, safety and environmental protection, surveying, ultra-high vacuum, scientific communication.
- A very limited number of places may be available in administrative fields: translation, advanced secretarial work, accounting, legal services, human resources, librarianship, logistics
- Applicant must have a good knowledge of English and/or French
- Applicants must return to their educational organization after completion of internship at CERN
- Applicants must have sufficient financial resources to support themselves in the local area
Duration: 1 month- 6 months in any twelve-month period
- During the requested training period the student must remain enrolled in an educational establishment
- Applicant will need the document signed and stamped by educational establishment as a proof of enrolment.
- Students must have a medical insurance covering occupational illness and accidents that is adequate in Switzerland and France
- Job Reference: STAG-2018
|Subject areas||Civil Engineering, Controls and Data Acquisition, Electricity, Electromechanics, Electronics, Health, Safety & Environment, Information Technologies, Materials Science & Surface Engineering, Mechanics, Physics, Support & Administration|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|