Deadline: 08 Nov 2017
IT Developer / IT Quality Assurance in the Service Facility Central IT Service, University of Vienna: In the team “Internet Domain Administration” of the Central Computer Science Service of the University of Vienna, a job as IT-System-Specialist will be filled.
The position is limited to 6 months for the time being; a takeover in an indefinite employment relationship is possible and desirable.
IT development means in our environment a wide range of tasks and exciting topics. Thus the .AT domain registry, ie the database application, which is needed for the domain allocation in Austria, operated by us and developed software for it. In addition, we look after a worldwide distributed name server infrastructure, provide services in the Austrian science network ACOnet and develop special software for our tasks.
The focus of this advertised position lies in the cooperation in the operational monitoring as well as in the analysis and visualization of relevant operating data.
For this purpose, existing systems will be further developed and new technologies optimally integrated. This means an exciting environment and ongoing challenges in a dedicated team. Their expertise is in demand and you can bring in new ideas to jointly raise our technical level.
Duration: 6 months
Employment: 40 hours / week.
Classification according to collective agreement: §54 VwGr. IIIb In addition, qualifying work experience can determine the classification and thus the remuneration.
The area of activity includes the supervision of the monitoring systems, development of a modern visualization infrastructure, preparation, analysis and storage of operating data.
* Operation, configuration and ongoing customization of Linux-based servers and services
* Strategic development and implementation of new technologies
* Participation in projects
* Excellent Linux knowledge (Debian)
* Experience in the area of monitoring of Linux computers, databases and Network Components
* Knowledge of methods and tools for creating graphs and visualizations
* Knowledge of log processing (eg .: logstash), NoSQL databases, data streaming
* Knowledge of at least one scripting language (preferably Perl)
* Relevant HTL + 1 year IT practice or
* AHS + 1.5 years IT practice or
* 2 Years of IT practice
* Careful and structured work
* High degree of reliability and initiative in a responsible working environment
* Independent and self-responsible action
* Stress resistance and readiness for occasional night and
weekend work to correct faults and carry out maintenance
* Teamwork and learning ability
* the desire to become familiar with new topics
* For male applicants: completed presence or civil service
* Work permit (EU)
* Training and further education
* Flexible working hours
* Good transport connections
measures Your application: We look forward to receiving your application with motivation letter 8054 , which you will receive until to the 08.11.2017 preferably via our Job Center ( http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at/ ) to us. For more information about the advertised position, please contact Winkler, Gerhard + 43-1-4277-14035.
The University of Vienna operates an anti-discriminatory employment policy and emphasizes equal opportunity and diversity ( http://diversity.univie.ac.at/ ). In particular, the aim is to increase the proportion of women in management positions and in scientific staff. Women are given priority with equal qualifications.
DLE Human Resources and Women’s Promotion of the University of Vienna
Indicator of the bid: 8054