Study in:South Africa
Deadline: 15 Nov 2017
Research areas provided by the university
Open to applicants of African countries
15 Nov 2017
Full Funding, Monthly stipend + Travel + Other allowances
More about this scholarship
STIAS offers Iso Lomso Fellowships For Early Career African Researchers to support PhD applicants.
- Candidates applying for Iso Lomso Fellowships For Early Career African Researchers should be from an African country.
- Applicants must be affiliated with a research or higher education institution in an African country.
- Applicants should hold a doctoral degree from any recognised higher
- education institution.
- Candidates must be in a position to commence the first period of residency at STIAS.
- Candidates should submit a motivational cover letter in one page, which should include the description of the applicant’s academic career, ideas and experiences.
- A pre-proposal for a three-year research project.
- Writing samples of the candidate (one or two) related to the proposed project.
- A copy of the applicant’s doctoral certificate.
- Applicants of Iso Lomso Fellowships For Early Career African Researchers need to submit a letter of support from the applicant’s home institution from the head of the department, dean of faculty, principal of the college, or equivalent.
- Letters of recommendation (two) from scholars who are familiar with the applicant’s work.