IT Software Designer
Deadline: 16 Nov 2017
IT software designer in the service center of the central IT service, University of Vienna: The University of Vienna is looking for a web developer for the further development and operation of the university digital data management infrastructure for research and teaching.
Since 2007, the Zentrale Informatics Service has been working with the library to provide an infrastructure for the long-term storage of digital data used in the context of research and teaching. In the infrastructure, called Phaidra, the data is provided according to the FAIR principle (findable, accessible, interoperable, re-usable) for reuse.
The Phaidra infrastructure developed by the University of Vienna is also used by partner institutions in five countries. The activity also involves exchanges with partners and other international infrastructure projects in the field of research data management.
Employment: 20 hours / week.
Classification according to collective agreement: §54 VwGr. IIIb In addition, qualifying work experience can determine the classification and thus the remuneration.
• Further development of the core application Phaidra
• Cooperation in the operation of Phaidra at the University of Vienna and the Austrian partners
• Planning and development of service applications for data management
• Development of concepts for data management together with research groups
• Experience with database systems
• Experience in project management and project planning and execution
• Basic knowledge of UI design and usability skills
• Benefit Experience with JAVA
• Benefits Experience in system administration
• Experiences with Docker
are of advantage • Knowledge of metadata standards is of advantage
• Good knowledge of German and English
• Relevant university degree or
• relevant HTL + 1 year IT practice or
• AHS + 1.5 years IT practice or
• 2 years IT practice
• Independent, structured and solution-oriented working method • Project management
knowledge • Experience with large websites
• Communicative strength and teamwork
• For male applicants, completed presence or community service is a prerequisite
• Training and further education
• Flexible working hours
• good traffic connection
• home office
• health measures
Your application: We are looking forward to your meaningful application with motivation letter under the code 8042 , which you prefer until 16.11.2017 via our Job Center ( http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at/ ) forward to us. For more information about the advertised position please contact Ganguly, Raman + 43-1-4277-14189.
The University of Vienna operates an anti-discriminatory employment policy and emphasizes equal opportunity and diversity ( http://diversity.univie.ac.at/ ). In particular, the aim is to increase the proportion of women in management positions and in scientific staff. Women are given priority with equal qualifications.