Deadline: 20 Nov 2017
IT supervisor at the Institute of Astrophysics, University of Vienna: The Institute of Astrophysics of the University of Vienna is the largest astronomy institute in Austria and has numerous international cooperations. At present, about 65 of them are mostly international employees whose working language is often English. The institute is scientifically efficient – for example in the area of third-party funding (the scientific staff are predominantly financed by project funds), in publications and in the supervision of students.
The so-called University Observatory is located in an area in Vienna’s 18th district near the Türkenschanzpark. A branch office, the Leopold Figl Observatory, is located in the Vienna Woods in Lower Austria.
The vacancy is initially limited to one year – with the option of renewal by mutual agreement.
A later increase in the weekly working hours is sought.
Duration of the contract: 1 year / s
Employment: 20 hours / week.
Classification according to collective agreement: §54 VwGr. IIIa In addition, creditable work experience can determine the classification and thus the remuneration.
IT and IT support at the Institute of Astrophysics
Your area of responsibility includes in particular
– installation, configuration, support and participation in the procurement of hardware and software equipment
– first level support
– support of existing PC labs
– technical support of websites
– IT based development and support of administrative tools
– network administration
– technical support of peripheral infrastructure (eg auditorium equipment, media technology, printers, plotters, beamer)
in close cooperation with the IT administrator of the institute and the central computer science service of the University of Vienna
– Specialized secondary education or several years of relevant professional experience
– Very good knowledge of PC, hardware and network technology
– Very good knowledge of the system architecture / operating system concepts
– Experience with the administration of Windows, Linux and MacOS operating systems as well as open source software
– Very good knowledge of German
– Very good knowledge of English
– Ability and willingness to work independently, structured and responsible
– High service orientation
– Unconditional reliability
– Strong coordination
– Communication and teamwork
Knowledge / experience of university structures and processes are an advantage. Your application: We are looking forward to your meaningful application with motivation letter under the code 8049 , which you prefer to 20.11.2017 via our Job Center ( http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at/ ) submit to us. For more information about the advertised position, please contact Höfinger, Jeannette + 43-1-4277-51802, Güdel, Manuel + 43-1-4277-53814, Ziegler, Bodo + 43-1-4277-53825.
The University of Vienna operates an anti-discriminatory employment policy and emphasizes equal opportunity and diversity ( http://diversity.univie.ac.at/ ). In particular, the aim is to increase the proportion of women in management positions and in scientific staff. Women are given priority with equal qualifications.