Master’s, Doctorate, Post-doctorate
Deadline: 01 December 2017
American Association of University Women (AAUW) offers International Fellowship program which has been in existence since 1917. The program provides backing for women pursuing full-time graduate or postdoctoral study in the US who are not U.S. nationals or permanent residents. Preference is given to women who show prior commitment to the advancement of women and girls through civic, community, or professional work.
Number of Fellowships: 5 International Fellowships for master’s/first professional degrees; can be renewed for a second year.
- Master’s/first professional degree: $18,000
- Doctoral: $20,000
- Postdoctoral: $30,000
- International Fellowships are not open to previous recipients of any AAUW national fellowship or grant.
- Members and officers of the AAUW Board of Directors are not eligible to apply for fellowships and grant awards.
- Applicant must be a national of a country other than the US or possession of a nonimmigrant visa (if residing in the US).
- Women holding dual citizenship in the United States and another country are not eligible.
- Applicant must hold an academic degree equivalent to a US bachelor’s degree.
- Applicant must intend to devote herself full-time to the proposed academic plan during the fellowship year and intend to return to her home country to pursue a professional career.
- Applicant must be proficient in English (she must upload a recent score on the ETS TOEFL)
- Applicants must be conducting a full year of study or research. International Fellowships do not provide funding for a partial year of study or research.
- This fellowship program does not provide funding for distance-learning or online programs or for degrees heavily dependent on distance-learning components.
How to apply:
|Organization||American Association of University Women (AAUW)|
|Fellowship Level||Master’s, Doctorate, Post-doctorate|
|Subject areas||All disciplines|
|Fellowship amount||Mentioned above|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities (except USA citizens)|
|Deadline||01 December 2017|