Deadline: 30 November 2017
DOC-FAM: 11 PhD positions; H2020-MSCA-COFUND: DOC-FAM is an excellence DOCtoral training programme in Functional Advanced Materials awarded to the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC) in the H2020-MSCA-COFUND-2016 Call and coordinated through the Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB) in collaboration with several partner research Institutions from the area, four of them contributing to the co-funding of the programme. There will be 2 calls in 2 years. This is 1st Call (2017) and 11 ESR doctoral fellowships are offered.
Duration: 36 months each.
- There are NO restrictions on nationality, age and gender.
- Applicant must not have stayed or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) in the Spain for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the call deadline.
- Applicant (ESR) must be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of their research careers and have not been awarded a doctoral degree.
- Applicant must hold a degree with a minimum of 300 ECTS credits in university studies of which at least 60 must be at Master’s level, OR applicant must hold of a qualification obtained in accordance with foreign educational systems without the need for official recognition, having previously confirmed with the university that this qualification accredits a level of training equivalent to the official Spanish university Master’s degree and that it would serve as a means of access to a PhD in the country in which it was awarded.
- Applicant must possess good proficiency in English (minimum CEFR B2, Cambridge English First (FCE), PTE Level 3, IELTS 5-6.5 or TOEFL > 72)
- living and mobility allowances
- Living allowance: 28,800€/year
- Mobility allowance: 4,800€/year
- TOTAL gross salary: 33,600€/year
- Catalan Institute of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology (ICN2)
- Catalonia Institute for Energy Research (IREC)
- Barcelona Microelectronics Institute of the National Microelectronics Centre (IMB-CNM-CSIC)
- ALBA Synchrotron (ALBA-CELLS)
How to apply:
- apply online
|Organization||Institute of Materials Science of Barcelona (ICMAB-CSIC)|
|Subject areas||Nanotechnology, Biotechnology, Biosciences, Material Sciences, Electronic Engineering|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||Ist Call: 30 November 2017IInd Call: 30 November 2018|