Deadline: 1 February 2018
Award Amount: $5,000 plus 9 credits of tuition remission, valued at over $8,000
Number of Awards: Not Known
Deadline: February 1 Annual
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Through support by the National Science Foundation, the Department of Computer Science has established an “ExCEL Scholarship Program”. This program will cultivate a community of scholars across all academic levels and a variety of computing-related degree programs. The scholarship recipients will focus on academic merit and career and leadership potential.
Loyola University Chicago (often referred to as Loyola or LUC) is a private American Catholic Research University located in Chicago, Illinois. Founded in 1870 by the Jesuits, today Loyola is one of the largest Catholic universities in the nation and a major contributor to Chicago’s economic and cultural capital.
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be citizens of the United States, nationals of the United States (as defined in section 101(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act), aliens admitted as refugees under section 207 of the Immigration and Nationality Act, or aliens lawfully admitted to the United States for permanent residence.
- Be enrolled full time in a degree program offered by the Department of Computer Science (including programs that are joint with other Arts and Sciences departments). Eligible degree programs are:
- Bachelor of Science in Bioinformatics, Communications Networks, and Security, Computer Science, Computer Science and Mathematics, Computer Science and Physics, Information Technology, or Software Development (See Undergraduate Programs.)
- Master of Science in Computer Science, Software Technology, or Information Technology (See Graduate Programs.)
- Demonstrate financial need, defined for undergraduate students by the US Department of Education rules for need-based Federal financial aid, or, for graduate students, defined as financial eligibility for Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GANN).
Instructions for Applying:
- Undergraduate student can apply for the scholarship by the given link: https://luc.edu/cs/financial/excelprogram/ugappform/
- Graduate student can apply by the given link: https://luc.edu/cs/financial/excelprogram/gradappform/
- Scholarship awards are in the amount of at least $5,000 per year (subject to financial need).
- Graduate students will also receive 9 credits of tuition remission, valued at over $8,000.
Detailed Information Link: