IT Operations Support Technician
Deadline: 5 November 2017
IT Operations Support Technician (fixed term)
- Closing Date
- Sunday, 5th November 2017
- Job Type
- Administrative Professional & Managerial
- IT Service Delivery
- £17399 to £20624 per annum (pro-rata if offered job share) depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Are you a talented and motivated IT technician looking for your next challenge in supporting the large, complex and rapidly evolving technological environment that the University deploys to deliver services to students, researchers, academics, support staff and the wider community?
The University is developing a hybrid cloud model to deliver IT services to our customers and we are seeking to recruit an experienced, hands-on, customer focused individual with strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail to support the University’s Data Centre provision.
The successful candidate will support the day to day operations of the UK data centres, including:-
- Assist platform owners to deliver Data Centre Infrastructure/Environment, Hosting (both physical and virtual), Data Storage and Data Restore services
- Assist with monitoring and day to day duties
- Assist with the provision of 1st line support (both preventative and remedial) for a range of IT Infrastructure related systems, platforms, products and services
- Liaise with users, IT Service Desk, Service Management, Campus IT Support teamsand external suppliers regarding any issues identified or incidents raised
This position will include ad-hoc relevant project work and out-of-hours support duties on a rota basis.
- Vocational qualifications (NVQ 2-3, City & Guild or equivalent), plus experience in a relevant technical role OR considerable work experience in a relevant role/relevant life experience reinforced by work experience
- Good broad understanding of a range of platforms/products/services/technologies
- Appreciation of the procedures/standards set for the conduct and output of the role
- Able to work on/resolve incidents and routine service requests
- Competent in routine technical/systems support activities
- Ability to work in a team, to deadlines and under pressure. Able to work effectively with minimal support, for example, outside normal working hours
- You will be a self-motivated and dynamic individual who is able to develop and maintain collaborative working relations across IT and non IT departments
- You will have the ability to communicate at all levels with a natural flare for problem solving
This is a full time 36.25h per week, fixed term position for a period of 2 years. This post is open to a job share.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Chris Tadman, tel: 0115 95 13347 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted. Interviews for this role are expected to be held on Tuesday 21st November.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
This position does not fulfil the UK Visas & Immigration sponsorship criteria for Tier 2, therefore we can only accept applications from candidates who already have the right to work in UK.