Deadline: 23 November 2017
Student Research Fellowships: ICFO: ICFO-The Institute of Photonic Sciences invites applications from students to accomplish Final Degree Projects / Masters’ Theses or to participate in a research stay, nurturing the students’ education and research training.
About the program:
- The program, which has been launched thanks to the “Severo Ochoa Centres of Excellence” accreditation awarded by the Ministry of Economy and Competitiveness of Spain, aiming to promote excellence of scientific research in Spain, offers a limited number of fellowships to outstanding students from top Universities worldwide.
- The program aims at an early exposure to frontier science and research, as well as at the early support of outstanding students to experience first-hand the excitement and challenges posed by research projects within the variety of research topics active at ICFO.
Research areas (not limited to):
- Biophotonics and photo-medicine
- Graphene opto-electronics
- Nanophotonics and Nanotechnology
- Nonlinear Optics and Frequency conversion
- Quantum Optics and Quantum Information
- Atto-science and Ultrafast Laser Science
- Optical Sensing and Optoelectronics
- Green Photonics and Photovoltaics
- Nanoscopy and Super-resolution Imaging
- Neurophotonics and optogenetics
- Applicant must be currently enrolled/registered to an undergraduate or master’s program. Applicant must be from any one of the following felids: Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- There are NO restrictions of citizenship or gender applies to ICFO positions.
Duration: 3 months to 6 months
Starting date: between February and May 2018.
Fellowship value: stipend 300 euros monthly gross; for students not living in Catalunya, the fellowship include a stipend of 600 euros monthly gross, for full-time dedication; travel expenses are also covered.
- Submit application online. Students are requested to submit the following documents (in English):
- Presentation letter indicating the ICFO research group(s) of interest,
- CV, including complete contact details,
- Scanned copy of the academic transcripts for the undergraduate and postgraduate (if applies), in English, Spanish, or Catalan,
- The print-out of the equivalence calculation of your academic results/ GPA accomplished via http://www.foreigncredits.com/Resources/GPA-Calculator/
- Name and contact details of one potential referee.
|Organization||ICFO – The Institute of Photonic Sciences|
|Subject areas||Physics, Engineering, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology|
|Fellowship amount||600 Euros|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||November 23, 2017|