Deadline: 6 November 2017
Award Amount: $10,000
Number of Awards: Five (5)
Deadline: November 6, 2017, at noon 12:00 PM EST
Winner Announcement: Not Known
Student Veterans of America (SVA) in the partnership with Raytheon would like to announce “SVA Scholarship”. You must be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year of undergraduate study, or be enrolled in a graduate program for the 2017-2018 academic year to apply for the scholarship. At the individual level, SVA empowers veterans to be informed consumers of higher education and make the most of the transition to civilian life.
Student Veterans of America (SVA), is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization focused on addressing the needs and concerns of American military veterans in higher education. SVA is best known for being an umbrella organization for student veterans’ groups that advocates for improvements in veterans educational benefits. Its efforts, combined with other veterans’ service organizations, led to passage of the Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008
All Scholarship applicants must be:
- Be entering their sophomore, junior or senior year of undergraduate study, or be enrolled in a graduate program for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Be attending full-time at an accredited four-year university in the United States
- Be pursuing an engineering degree or a degree in a closely related field, as listed below
- Demonstrate a commitment to and passion for their chosen field of study
- Demonstrate leadership and engagement in their community
- Be a current student veteran, as proven by a DD 214 and transcript
- Have received an honorable discharge, or be in good standing with his/her branch of service
Instructions for Applying:
If you are interested in applying for the fellowship you can check the given link:
- Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Unofficial copy of current university transcript updated for the most recently completed semester
- One letter of reference from a professor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to the 2 essay questions
- DD 214, Certificate of Discharge
To be eligible for the fellowship applicant must write a maximum of 300-500 words essay. You must response responses in your essay to the 2 essay questions given below:
What sparked your interest in your chosen field of study? What do you hope to accomplish with your degree? In your answer, please describe how your experiences have influenced the goals you have for yourself.
- Please provide 1-2 examples of how you have demonstrated leadership. Explain how you were influential and what you were trying to achieve. These need not be demonstrated through formal or traditional leadership roles. Think broadly and examine the many ways you are having an effect on the members of your technical community, your chapter, your university, or your broader community.
All materials, including transcript, must be addressed to the address given below:
Student Veterans of America c/o
Raytheon-SVA Scholarship Committee
1012 14th Street NW, Suite 1200,
Washington D.C. 20005
The program provides five scholarships of $10,000 each.
Detailed Information Link:
Have any query you can contact to SVA team member at (202) 223-4710.