Deadline: 10 November 2017
Fully-Funded Year of Exchange Undergraduate Programme for Russian Students in USA, 2018: The Embassy of the United States of America is now accepting an application for its Fully-Funded Year of Exchange Undergraduate Programme. The YEAR Program is fully funded, covering tuition, housing, international travel, medical insurance, and other basic living expenses.
The aim of the program is to provide outstanding Russian students, ages 18-20, a unique opportunity to study for one year at U.S. institutions of higher education.The programme also aims to strengthen each participant’s English skills and subject knowledge.
The Embassy of the United States of America in Moscow is the diplomatic mission of the United States of America in the Russian Federation. The embassy complex is located in the Presnensky District in the city centre of Moscow.
Applications close: November 10, 2017
Course Level: Programme is available to pursue undergraduate degree.
Study Subject: Programme is awarded in the major fields of study, American studies, and a wide range of electives that offer the opportunity to explore new disciplines.
Scholarship Award: The YEAR Program is fully funded, covering tuition, housing, international travel, medical insurance, and other basic living expenses.
Number of Scholarships: Number of Programme is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- A citizen of the Russian Federation at the time of application and during the selection process.
- Born on July 20, 1997, and July 1, 2000.
- Graduated secondary school as of August 2018.
- Proficient in spoken and written English at the time of application.
- Able to demonstrate outstanding academic ability.
- Able to convincingly demonstrate existing and durable ties to Russia and a firm commitment to return to Russia after the completion of the program.
- Able to display the maturity required to succeed on a year-long international exchange program.
- Able to begin the program in the United States in July of 2018.
- Eligible to receive a U.S. J-1 Exchange Visitor non-immigrant category visa.
Russian applicants are eligible to apply for the programme.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
The program is fully sponsored by the U.S. government and includes:
- International travel from home city to U.S. host college or university.
- Tuition at U.S. university/college and living expenses.
- Health insurance.
- Arrival orientation.
- On program support available 24 hours per day.
How to Apply:
Applicants can apply via online:
- The application will be available until 11:59 PM (EST) on November 10, 2017. Please note that your application must be submitted by this date in order to be considered in the selection process.