Deadline: 20 December 2017
Irish Aid Casement Master Fellowship for Nigerian Students in Ireland, 2018: Applicants are invited for Irish Aid Casement Master Fellowship in law, human rights and governance. The fellowship is exclusively open for Nigerian students.
The aim of the fellowship is to provide talented candidates with the opportunity to pursue advanced education and professional development in Ireland in order to contribute to the future development of Nigeria.
Irish Aid is the Government of Ireland’s official agency for international development. Irish Aid is a division of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFA) and is managed by its Development Co-Operation Division (DCD).
Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue master’s degree programme.
Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in the field of law, human rights and governance.
Scholarship Award: Fellowship will cover the following:
- The Irish Aid Casement Fellowship Programme normally covers: return airfares, full tuition, stipends to cover accommodation and subsistence costs, health insurance and other allowances, in addition to the necessary entry arrangements such as medical examination and visa.
Number of Scholarships: Number of fellowships is not given.
Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria and be residing in Nigeria.
- Have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted into a master’s level course of study in Human Rights.
- Have a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Be able to demonstrate a strong commitment to the development of Nigeria.
- Be able to take up the fellowship in the academic year for which it is offered.
- Meet any relevant procedural requirements of Government of Nigeria.
- Be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score on a recognised test (e.g. IELTS 6.5).
- It is recommended that you obtain a minimum of three copies of all of your documents as you will need to provide certified copies for your course applications.
Nationality: Nigerian Applicants are eligible to apply for the fellowship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have achieved the necessary academic standard to be accepted into a master’s level course.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must be able to demonstrate skills in academic English by achieving an appropriate score on a recognised test (e.g. IELTS 6.5).
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via post:
- A completed application package should include the following documents listed by order:
- A certified copy of your passport (details page) and Nigeria identity card.
- A certified copy of academic transcript and degree.
- Two academic references.
- One professional reference.
- Provide an original copy of a previous test result – IELTS (minimum 6.5) or equivalent taken within two years of the application date.
- Submit proof of a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 at the time of application.
- A completed application form should be submitted by post.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is December 20, 2017.