Master’s, Doctoral and Post-doctoral
Study in:South Africa
Deadline: 17 November 2017
Postgraduate Bursaries and Postdoctoral Fellowships at University of the Witwatersrand in South Africa, 2018: Each year the CoE-HUMAN offers postgraduate bursaries and postdoctoral fellowships in 2018. These bursaries are awarded to high-performing master and doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows who wish to do research that falls into one of the CoE’s four thematic or cross-cutting areas.
The university is aiming to build expertise, experience and research capacity in asbestos matters in South Africa.
Wits is a remarkable university that is internationally distinguished for its excellent research, high academic standards and commitment to social justice. Wits University offers a wealth of sightseeing and educational opportunities for tourists and first-time visitors.
Applications Close: November 17, 2017
Course Level: Each year the CoE-HUMAN awards bursaries to high-performing Master’s and Doctoral students and Post-doctoral fellows.
Study Subject: The four research themes of the CoE in Human Development are life-course development; inter-generational development, socioeconomic development and transformational development.
Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
Scholarship can be taken in the South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Bursary holders/post-doctoral fellows and their supervisors will sign performance agreements with the CoE, obliging:
- Master’s students to fulfil the requirements for their degree within two years and to have at least one co-authored paper in a peer-reviewed journal accepted for publication;
- Doctoral students to fulfil the requirements for their degrees within three years and to have at least two first-authored papers accepted for publication or published;
- Post-Doctoral Fellows to have at least two first or co-authored papers accepted for publication, in the press or published in each year of the three-year fellowship.
South African students are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
College Admission Requirement:
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a previous year degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent written and verbal English skills.
Scholarship Award: In 2018, the CoE in Human Development will fund bursaries recommended by its Management Committee in three categories:
- Master’s students are funded for two years at R70 000 a year
- Doctoral students are funded for three years at R100 000 a year
- Post-Doctoral Fellows are funded for three years at R200 000 a year
How to Apply: The mode of application is online. The online application form will require biographical details as well as:
- Student CV
- Academic record/ academic transcript (if your full and most recent results are not available, please note that we will require these within three months of the award)
- Copy of ID
- Bio-sketch of your supervisor/mentor
- Letter of support from your supervisor/mentor on an official letterhead
- One page on the proposal and its relevance to Human Development