LLD / DPhil
Study in:South Africa
Deadline: 15 November 2017
LLD/DPhil Scholarships at University of Pretoria in South Africa, 2018: The Centre for Human Rights, University of Pretoria, is inviting applications for LLD/DPhil in Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa. African students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The doctoral scholarships are aimed at strengthening the Sexual and Reproductive Rights in Africa Programme of the Centre for Human Rights in ways that develop a distinct focus on interrogating culture and/or criminalization as part of broader discourses on sexual or reproductive rights as they relate to the African region.
The Centre for Human Rights is both an academic department and a non-governmental organization, and works towards human rights education in Africa, a greater awareness of human rights, the wide dissemination of publications on human rights in Africa, and the improvement of the rights of women, people living with HIV, indigenous peoples, sexual minorities and other disadvantaged or marginalized persons or groups across the continent.
Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights and their intersection with culture or criminalization in the African region.
Scholarship Award: Benefits:
- The scholarships are comprehensive, covering tuition fees, travel and living expenses and ancillary costs.
- They require a three-year period of residence at the Centre for Human Rights.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in the South Africa
Eligibility: An applicant must meet the following requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in law or humanities focusing on, or closely related to, the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights;
- Excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English;
- Excellent proficiency in academic research;
- Ability to work independently.
Nationality: African students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a Master’s Degree in law or humanities focusing on, or closely related to, the field of sexual and/or reproductive rights.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English.
How to Apply: Applications should be sent via e-mail. The application should include
- A CV,
- A brief statement of the applicant’s research interest(s) and
- A brief motivation for applying for the scholarship, referring to the requirements above.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is November 15, 2017.