Postdoctoral Research Fellowship at WZB Berlin Social Science Center in Netherlands, 2018: The WZB Berlin Social Science Centre at Maastricht University (UM) is inviting applications for Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Netherlands. The position will be within the interdisciplinary research unit Migration, Integration, Transnationalization (MIT), headed by Prof. Ruud Koopmans.
Maastricht University (UM) is the most international university in the Netherlands and, with more than 16,000 students and 4,000 employees, is still growing. The university stands out for its innovative education model, international character and multidisciplinary approach to research and education.
Applicants must have Excellent English writing and communication skills.
- Applications deadline: November 17, 2017
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral research programme.
- Study Subject: The position will be within the interdisciplinary research unit Migration, Integration, Transnationalization (MIT), headed by Prof. Ruud Koopmans. The unit’s current research focuses primarily on integration issues, studied from sociological, political science and social-psychological perspectives.
- Scholarship Award: Salary: Group EG 14 TVöD (in accordance with German public service collective agreement)
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International applicants are eligible to apply for this fellowship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Requirements
- D. degree with excellent results (obtained already or soon to be completed)
- We are primarily seeking economists, demographers, and political scientists but are also open to scholars from other disciplines who study these questions using a rigorous empirical approach
- Experience with primary data collection using large-sample surveys, experimental or comparative designs (with an emphasis on causal inference)
- Articles in recognized peer-reviewed journals, either published or, in case of a very recently completed Ph.D., in an advanced stage of preparation
- Excellent English writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of German is welcome but not required
- Candidates should submit a synopsis (2-3 pages) of the research they would like to conduct if they were to get the position.
English Language Requirements: Excellent English writing and communication skills and Knowledge of German is welcome but not required.
How to Apply: Please submit your application by November 17, 2017. Applications should include a motivation letter, CV and research synopsis (max. 3 pages) and should be sent electronically in pdf-format (not more than two separate pdf-files) to Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin für Sozialforschung (WZB).