Deadline: 4 December 2017
Weinberg Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students in USA, 2018-2019: The Columbia University’s Italian Academy has issued a notice of granting scholarships for its Weinberg Fellowships in the Architectural History and Preservation for the 2018-2019 academic year. Fellows from around the world are eligible to apply for this programme.
The selection of Weinberg Fellows will be based on the quality of the applications. Candidates must be at the post-doctoral or faculty level.
Sponsoring advanced research across the disciplines via a Fellowship Program with 20 residential scholars each year, and public conferences promoting academic, cultural, and scientific exchange. The Italian Academy was created in 1991 on the basis of a charter signed by the President of the Republic of Italy and the President of Columbia University.
- Applications deadline: December 4, 2017
- Course Level: Fellowships will be open to advanced scholars from the postdoctoral to the full professorial level.
- Study Subject: Fellowships are awarded in the Architectural History and Preservation.
- Scholarship Award: A) a gross salary ranging from $4,500 to $7,000/month (you may pay tax on this; you must consult your accountant for advice); B) a travel allowance to cover the airfare to & from New York; C) a portion of health-insurance costs.
- Nationality: Fellows from around the world are eligible to apply for this programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Two to four Fellowships will be awarded each year.
- Scholarship can be taken in the USA
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Fellows from around the world are eligible to apply for this programme.
Entrance Requirements: Normally Fellowships will be open to advanced scholars from the postdoctoral to the full professorial level. (Candidates should expect to have their doctorates in hand no later than the summer after they apply.) Fellows will be expected to be in residence for one or two academic semesters.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Guidelines for applicants
- Prepare all material for your application
- Ask your referees to draft reference letters.
- Fill out the application form.
- Submit your application by December 4, 2017; a request with an upload link will then go to each referee.
- Read the confirmation e-mail that will appear.
- Track the delivery of your reference letters: log in here, and if any letter is marked “Pending,” you can double-check the referee’s e-mail address and then click on “Resend Request.”
(If your referee didn’t get the upload link via e-mail, s/he could  check spam/junk folders,  list “submittable.com” as an Approved/Safe Sender, or  send the letter directly to the Academy.
- See our FAQs if this page leaves unanswered questions.
- Await decisions in spring 2018.