Deadline: 19 November 2017
Two secretaries for DCC and School for Psychology and Artificial Intelligence (0.5 FTE)
Faculty of Social Sciences
Maximum salary: € 2,917 gross/month
Vacancy number: 24.45.17
Application deadline: 19 November 2017
Both the Donders Centre for Cognition (DCC), part of the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour, and the School of Psychology and Artificial Intelligence at Radboud University have an opening for a secretary to support the research and teaching in Artificial Intelligence and Neuroscience and Psychology respectively.
For both positions we are seeking an all-round secretary who will not only provide general support at the institute’s level but also support research and teaching activities. You will act as a point of contact for queries from staff, students and external parties, handling telephone calls and managing post and email. Furthermore you will monitor the registrations of, for example, leave and absences, employee contracts, and student assistants’ claim forms. As a secretary you will be responsible for supporting coordination of the Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes, i.e. by filing students’ grades, doing the administration of internships, and managing the theses repository.
You will also order stock and materials, computers and ICT material. Finally, you will prepare and supervise events, such as thesis presentations, graduation ceremonies, parents’ days, and research meetings, and you will organise meetings and take minutes.
The Donders Centre for Cognition is part of both the Faculty of Social Sciences, one of the largest faculties at Radboud University in Nijmegen, and the Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition and Behaviour. This institute is home to more than 600 researchers from 35 countries, and a world-class research centre devoted to understanding the mechanistic underpinnings of human cognition and behaviour in health and disease. English is the lingua franca at the institute.
The School of Psychology and Artificial Intelligence is part of the Faculty of Social Sciences. The Bachelor’s and Master’s programmes in Artificial Intelligence are English-taught and host staff and students from different backgrounds and cultures. Over the last few years, the number of students has increased considerably. You will work together on a day-to-day base with the senior secretary of AI. The AI programme is taught in English.
One position will be embedded in the AI group; your supervisor will be Prof. M. van Gerven.
The other position will be embedded in the Sensorimotor Neuroscience group; your supervisor will be Prof. P. Medendorp.
Radboud University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to building a culturally diverse intellectual community, and as such encourages applications from minorities.
What we expect from you
- professional training in secretarial work, preferably Schoevers or equivalent;
- at least two years of relevant work experience;
- fluency in spoken and written English and Dutch;
- proactive, accurate, immune to stress and result-oriented;
- experience with taking minutes;
- excellent knowledge of the MS Office package and the skills and ability to work with all kinds of ICT systems;
- preferably, you are used to working in a science environment with academic staff or have experience working in a large organisation;
- you are flexible and willing to spread the 0.5 FTE over 4 or 5 days.
What we have to offer
- employment: 0.5 FTE;
- a maximum gross monthly salary of € 2,917 based on a 38-hour working week (salary scale 7);
- in addition to the salary: an 8% holiday allowance and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- duration of the contract: 2 years with possibility of extension;
- you will be appointed as a Secretary, Level 2 in the Dutch university job-ranking system (UFO);
- you will be able to make use of our Dual Career Service where our Dual Career Officer will assist with family related support, such as child care, and help the partner of the candidate prepare for the local labour market and with finding an occupation.
Are you interested in our excellent employment conditions?
Would you like to know more?
For more information about this vacancy, please contact:
Drs. Claas-Hofman, C.E.M. (Cristel)
Telephone: +3124 361 26 47
Are you interested?
You should upload your application (attn. of drs. Claas) exclusively using the button ‘Apply’ below. Your application should include (and be limited to) the following attachment(s):
- Motivation letter and a CV (in a single PDF document)
Starting date: 1 January 2018.