Deadline: 26 January 2018
Applications are invited for School’s Doctoral Awards at University of Edinburgh for entry in session 2018/19. UK/EU students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
The University of Edinburgh, founded in 1582, is the sixth oldest university in the English-speaking world and one of Scotland’s ancient universities.
- Applications deadline: January 26, 2018, and February 1, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: University welcome applications across our full range of research areas in History, Classics and Archaeology, both in areas in which we have long-standing strengths and in areas where we are currently expanding.
- Scholarship Award: These PhD scholarships will pay a stipend at the equivalent rate to that offered by the Research Councils of the United Kingdom (value TBA, but for guidance, in 2017-2018 this was £14,553). Tuition fees at the UK/EU rate will also be paid. Payment will be made in equal monthly instalments for a maximum of three years, subject to satisfactory performance. Awards will be paid pro-rata for part-time candidates.
As one of the intentions of these awards is to enhance the skills portfolio of successful candidates, awardees will undertake specified teaching and related duties following appropriate training as an integral part of their scholarship package.
- Nationality: UK/EU students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in the UK
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: UK/EU students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants for these awards must:
- Hold a UK 2.1 or first class honours undergraduate degree (or overseas equivalent) in a relevant field
- Hold, or successfully achieve before commencing their PhD with us, an equally high standard of postgraduate master’s degree in a relevant field
English Language Requirements: University accepts all of the English language qualifications for entry to the University, including IELTS qualifications from any IELTS test centre.
How to Apply:
Completed PhD admission applications must have been made via the University of Edinburgh online application system by January 26, 2018.
This means that all your supporting documentation (research proposal, academic references, copies of qualifications/transcripts) must, where available, also be uploaded. Please liaise closely with your referee to ensure they supply the required reference by this date.
If a degree result or test of English competency is pending we can consider your application and, where appropriate, make you an offer conditional upon supplying these at a later date.
Eligible applicants should complete an online application for these scholarships – the application form will be open very soon. The closing date for the scholarship application is February 1, 2018. Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk. Choose “HCA Scholarship” from the list of options.