Study in:China-South Africa
Deadline: 31 December 2017
The postdoctoral fellowship is within the scheme of South Africa—China collaboration in astronomy and NAOC—UKZN Computational Astrophysics Centre (NUCAC) and will aim to use the large survey projects developing in the two countries to do research.
The National Astronomical Observatories of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (NAOC) was officially founded in April 2001 through the merger of four observatories, three observing stations and one research centre, all under the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS).
- Applications deadline: December 31, 2017
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue Postdoctoral programme.
- Study Subject: Fellowship is awarded in various subjects of astrophysics with an emphasis on radio astronomy, cosmology, and large-scale structure simulation.
- Nationality: International students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given.
- Scholarship can be taken in: Candidate is expected to spend the first year in South Africa or in China and second-year reverse to work on collaboration, and the third year will depend on performance and funding.
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: PhD in astronomy, astrophysics, computational physics or related field completed or expected by the effective date.
Preferred Qualifications: significant computational skills, parallel programming, and data analysis skills.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply:
Please submit your CV with publication list, a brief research statement highlighting the qualifications and interests, and 3 letters of reference letters to the email address “sa.china.astronomy-at-gmail.com”, and indicate the research area you apply in the title of the email.