Deadline: 9th December 2017
École Normale Supérieure (ENS) International Selection Scholarship 2018 in Paris
The Ecole normale supérieure aims at varying its students’ profiles and incorporates students to be enrolled in the 3rd year of bachelor in Math and in Computing science (licence 3) or 1st year of master (master 1), coming from all over the world and from all disciplines. The competitive examination of the International selection is intended to young graduates in Arts & Humanities as well as Sciences, who justify at least of one year undergraduate studies in a foreign university and distinguish themselves with outstanding results.
Joining ENS through the competitive examination of the International selection gives access to training of excellence, through contact with exceptional researchers, in a privileged training and research environment. Integrated to the community of the normaliens, international students continue their studies at ENS and at the university at the same time, while benefiting from a 1000 euros grant for 3 years and from a room on one of the ENS campuses. At the end of their studies, these students have graduated with a master degree in their speciality and with the diploma of École normale supérieure.
The examination takes place in 2 steps: a selection based upon application, then oral and written tests in Paris for shortlisted candidates.
In 2018, ENS opens 10 positions in Sciences and 10 positions in Arts& Humanities.
- Candidates must be under their 26 when they apply (must not have reached their 26th birthday)
- Candidates apply only once to the International Selection before.
- Candidates must have lived in France less than 10 months during the academic year of the selection (September 1st – August 31st) nor the previous year.
- Candidates must justify at least one year of undergraduate studies awarded by a foreign university (outside France) during the calendar year preceding the start of applications.
- Candidates justify at least two years of undergraduate studies in a foreign university (outside France), on the 1st of September following admission.
Application for the International selection are open from October 20 to November 9, 2017
- If your file is complete, it is submitted to the jury.
- If the jury selects your dossier, you are invited to take written and oral tests in Paris.
- The marks obtained at the tests determine the list of admitted students.
NB: Applicants interested in the Department of Cognitive Studies can apply using the Science or Arts&Humanities forms indiscriminately.
Deadline: 9th November 2017