Study in:South Africa
Deadline: 10 December 2017
2 Full Time Master Bursaries at Rhodes University in South Africa, 2018: The SARChI Chair in Transformative Social Learning and Green Skills Learning Pathways at Rhodes University is delighted to offer its 2 Full-Time Master Bursaries for South African students. The bursaries are available for researchers who will be required to undertake interdisciplinary research, with emphasis on social learning in a food and water security management context.
The aim of the bursaries is to support motivated, high achieving scholars who have good ICT skills and interested in researching networked social learning approaches in community settings.
Rhodes University is a public research university located in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape Province of South Africa. Rhodes University is the province’s oldest university, and it is the fifth or sixth oldest South African university in continuous operation, being preceded by the University of the Free State, University of Witwatersrand, Stellenbosch University and the University of Cape Town.
- Application Deadline: December 10, 2017
- Course Level: Bursaries are available to pursue M.Ed programme.
- Study Subject: Bursaries are awarded in the field in the field of education, agricultural extension, social anthropology, sociology, social learning, geography, agricultural economics, development economics, or a related social science degree, with an interest in environmental change, social justice and social learning.
- Scholarship Award: The total value of the bursary/funding support is R 70 000 per annum for two years, with research and fieldwork costs up to a maximum value of R20 000. Researchers MUST be resident in Grahamstown for the duration of the research project (2 years).
- Nationality: South African applicants are eligible to apply for the bursaries.
- Number of Scholarships: Two bursaries are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: South African applicants are eligible to apply for the bursaries
- Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have a good ICT skill and interested in researching networked social learning approaches in community settings or researchers must be resident in Grahamstown for the duration of the research project (2 years).
How to Apply:
- Please submit a CV, your ACADEMIC RECORD, and a 1-page letter of motivation outlining how your current academic research can feed into and contribute to the above-mentioned research programme. Indicate what experience you have, and why you are interested in this research focus.
- Submit the CV, ACADEMIC RECORD, and LETTER OF MOTIVATION by email no later than 10 December 2017.