Deadline: 7 January 2018
Assistant Professor in Civil Engineering
- Closing Date
- Sunday, 7th January 2018
- Job Type
- Research & Teaching
- Civil Engineering
- £35550 to £47722 per annum, depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
We are looking for an Assistant Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering whose expertise lies in experimental soil element testing and/or numerical and constitutive modelling.
We believe that diverse teams deliver the highest quality teaching, research and student experience. To achieve the Faculty of Engineering’s vision of being top ranked in all areas for Research and Knowledge Exchange as well as Education and Student Experience, we are seeking applications from high quality people whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our existing team. The Faculty is committed to creating opportunities for people traditionally under-represented in Engineering.
You will be able to carry out the academic duties to the highest standard and to evidence how, through your personal experience and background, you will be able to:
· Plan and deliver high quality taught modules at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in geotechnical engineering
· Conduct your own original research
· Supervise researchers and final year UG & PG students
· Create a bold strategy for your research and show how it will benefit from, and bring benefit to, interaction with your colleagues in geotechnical research
We are looking for an innovative thinker who can evidence:
· Their potential to be published in international journals of the highest quality
· Their enthusiasm for interactive teaching
· That they can work well in a team and interact with existing research in the team to create greater insight into the complex challenges that soil mechanics faces
· They are a caring and approachable person who is student centred in their approach and can support students in the modern University environment
· Their ability to contribute positively to the collegiate activities of the Department –open days, outreach activities etc.
To apply for this position please ‘apply now’ and complete an application. Our application process is designed to allow you to bring your experiences and background to life and it enables you to tell us more about you.
This is a full time, permanent position.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Glenn McDowell , tel: 0115 951 4603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.