Deadline: 15 December 2017
PIER Helmholtz Graduate School Doctoral Programme, Germany: The PIER Helmholtz Graduate School at Universität Hamburg in association with DESY invites applications form doctoral candidates, holding a Master degree or who are nearing graduation in the PIER research fields. Interdisciplinary PhD projects are welcome.
- Particle and Astroparticle Physics
- Photon Science
- Infection and Structural Biology
- Accelerator Research
- Theoretical Physics
- Applicant must hold Master’s degree (or equivalent) in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Medicine or related fields.
- Applications from students who are nearing graduation are also welcome.
- Applications from Master´s degree holders or a forecast with grade B+ or better are accepted.
Applications must include the following:
- Master’s degree or diploma certificate with transcript of records
- Motivation letter including a description of applicant’s research interests and experience
- 2 references
- Referees and applicant will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation of receipt once the assessment(s) has/have been received
- PhD students for more than 100 research teams in Hamburg are recruited during this procees.
- Successful candidates will be employed as research assistants at DESY or Universität Hamburg.
- The salary for research assistants is approximately 1800 € (pre-tax, this corresponds to 50% TVL 13, the collective wage agreement).
- Funding is not provided by the graduate school but by the research teams.
- Selected candidates may start PhD at Universität Hamburg year-round, there is no fixed start date.
- The tuition fees at Universität Hamburg are fully covered by the German government, only an administrative fee will have to be paid per semester (6 months).
- The fee varies each semester between € 290 -350. The fee includes a public transport ticket for Hamburg.
|Organization||PIER Helmholtz Graduate School; Universität Hamburg|
|Subject areas||Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Medicine|
|Fellowship amount||approximately 1800 €|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||15 December 2017|