Deadline: 31 July 2018
Research Associate / Fellow in Computational Data Analytics (fixed term)
- Closing Date
- Sunday, 17th December 2017
- Job Type
- Computer Science
- £26495 to £38833 per annum, (pro rata if applicable) depending on skills and experience (minimum £29799 with relevant PhD). Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance
The Advanced Data Analysis Centre (www.nottingham.ac.uk/adac) at the University of Nottingham has an exciting data analyst post available. The University of Nottingham has invested in creating a core facility to support academic researchers and commercial companies to realise the potential of their data. The School of Computer Science and the School of Veterinary Medicine and Science support the Advanced Data Analysis Centre with an existing group of data analysts based between these two schools. The successful applicant will be joining this established, thriving and dynamic data analytical team.
The University of Nottingham has realised the benefit of having in-house data analytical expertise to assist researchers with the aim of improving research quality. The analysts based within ADAC are specialists that assist on a range of projects within the University that range from small proof-of-concept studies with a handful of data points to large national data infrastructure projects such as the UKCRC Tissue Directory and Coordination Centre and the Nottingham Molecular Pathology Node for Integrated Multi-platform Biomarker Research and Knowledge Transfer. In addition to assisting internal research projects the expertise within ADAC has attracted commercial partnerships within financial, advertising, social housing, transportation and retail businesses. Unlike many data analytics services ADAC is aligned with the Intelligent Modelling & Analysis research group (IMA) that is continually seeking new data analytic techniques and algorithms for real-world challenges. As a result ADAC can offer both unrivalled exposure to different commercial and research projects but also leading-edge analytical techniques.
This is a rare opportunity for an analyst with a strong core base of analytical and technical capabilities combined with willingness to learn and adapt to become part of nationally recognised data analytics team.
- Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related subjects or relevant work place experience
- Expertise in data mining and clustering, classification algorithms and feature selection
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Java, C#, C++)
- Experience in statistical programming (R, MatLab)
- Strong collaborative skills (interpersonal and communication skills)
- Willingness to learn and share knowledge
- Experience in a service orientated environment
This full-time post will be offered on a fixed-term contract until 31st July 2018. The post is open to a job share.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Dr P Quinlan, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.