Deadline: 31 December 2017
Smart Industrial Systems
- Closing Date
- Sunday, 31st December 2017
- Job Type
- Beacons of Excellence
In our new industrial age, smart factories will deliver highly personalised goods and services.
This demands profoundly new approaches to how we create, manufacture and use products, while redefining our relationships with technologies and each other.
Our vision is to establish a programme of far-reaching fundamental and transformative discovery and to deliver responses with a speed and agility that matches the unprecedented pace of change in our digital world.
By bringing together expertise from informatics, creative design and industrial technologies, as well as the social sciences, our discoveries will enrich personal experiences, build better-connected societies and provide exciting opportunities for business in a skills-rich UK economy.
We will deliver:
- Smart, interactive products: New approaches to interactivity anddesign will customise mass productionand deliver unique user experiences
- Smart production processes: Data, humans and systems willseamlessly interact – instead ofprogrammed, passive machines,manufacturing will be truly dynamic
- A connected industrial infrastructure: By delivering models for the digitalmarketplace, taking in the wholesystem lifecycle, we will make UKindustry a world leader in this newindustrial and consumer landscape
- An ethical framework: Complex questions arise fromheightened interactivity and richer userexperiences. We will explore how suchinnovations will affect us and how theymight adapt with us over our lifespan
The University is committed to fundamental discovery and its application in key UK sectors including aerospace, automotive, consumer and the creative industries. We will position Nottingham as a world leading research and innovation centre for digitally enabled industrial systems and enhance the UK’s productivity and global competitiveness.
We are looking for talented individuals to join each of our Beacons to help us continue with our world-changing research. These include:
- Academic Staff
- Research Fellows
- Administrative, Professional and Managerial
- Research Officers
To express an interest and find out more about joining our Beacon teams please submit your details by applying below.
The University of Nottingham is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.