Deadline: 19 January 2018
School of Computer Science at the University of Nottingham invites applications for up to 10 fully-funded PhD studentships.
Starting date: 1 October 2018
Study areas: topics for the studentships are open, but must be related to the interests of one of the School’s research groups:
- Agents Lab;
- Automated Scheduling, Optimisation and Planning;
- Computer Vision Lab;
- Functional Programming;
- Intelligent Modelling and Analysis;
- Mixed Reality Lab;
- Data Driven Algorithms, Systems and Design and Uncertainty in Data and Decision Making
Duration: 3 years
Studentship value: stipend £14,553 per year and tuition fees
- Applications are invited from students of any nationality.
- Applicants must hold first-class Masters or Bachelors degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Applicant must obtain the support of a potential supervisor in the School prior to submitting their application (initial contact with supervisors to be made at least two weeks prior to the closing date for applications).
- Apply by sending email to Christine.Fletcher@nottingham.ac.uk with following documents:
- Brief covering letter that describes reasons for wishing to pursue a PhD, proposed research area and topic, and the name of a potential supervisor
- Copy of CV, including actual or expected degree class(es), and results of all University examinations
- An example of technical writing, such as a project report or dissertation
- Contact details for two academic referees.
|Organization||University of Nottingham|
|Subject areas||Computer Science|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||19th January 2018|