Deadline: 23 December 2017
2-4 Postdoc positions: Applied Language Studies, Communication, Media Studies: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences at the University of Jyväskylä invite applications for 2-4 positions of Postdoctoral Researcher in Applied Language Studies, Communication and/or Media Studies.
Duration: 4 years (fixed-term)
Starting date: January 1st, 2018 or as agreed
About the positions:
- The positions of the postdoctoral researcher are available at the Department of Language and Communication Studies.
- Researches on language usage and language learning, interaction and media, as well as on their interfaces in a networked and diversifying world are conducted on this department.
- The posts of the Postdoctoral Researchers are connected to the University of Jyväskylä profiling area Applied Language Studies for the Changing Society funded by the Academy of Finland.
*A trial period of four months will be used when the position is first filled.
- Selected candidates are expected to carry out independent research on applied language studies, communication and/or media studies, with connections to the profiling area’s theme of language in the changing world.
- The tasks also include supervising theses and teaching. The Postdoctoral Researchers also participate in applying for external research funding.
- Selected candidates need to have evidence of research in applied language studies, communication and/or media studies.
- Selected applicants are also expected to have broad theoretical and methodological expertise.
- Applicant must have good skills in English (written and oral).
- For one of the posts, the successful candidate is required to have excellent skills in Russian and the ability to teach in Russian.
Salary: level 5-6 (2865,30 €/Month – 3340,77 €/Month)
- Apply online and attach the following documents to the application form:
- Motivation letter
- Brief (2-3 pages) explanation of the applicant’s pedagogical training and teaching merits.
- List of publications (numbered) covering the applicant’s the scientific and other publications according to the instructions of the Academy of Finland.
- Short research and publication plan (maximum of 3 pages).
|Organization||University of Jyväskylä|
|Subject areas||Humanities and Social Sciences, Linguistics|
|Fellowship amount||2865,30 €/Month – 3340,77 €/Month|
|Eligibility||Open to all nationalities|
|Deadline||23 December 2017|